Having trouble with that new haircut for wavy hair? Is it getting all bushy and frizzy? Don’t give up, and PLEASE do not go and straighten them, having those curls and waves, it’s absolutely gorgeous.
Here are a few tips to caring for those wonderful curls:
1. Make sure you have a good moisturizing conditioner that does not flatten out curls. Read the label carefully, it should mention that it is for curly, or wavy hair. Be careful, some will strip those curls, and you will lose that gorgeous bounce.
2. You should already know better to not wash your hair every day with shampoo. Curly, and wavy hair need the natural oils on your scalp to keep their curls, and reduce frizziness. Wash your hair every other day if you have to. But no more than 4 times a week.
3. When you first hop in the shower, rinse your hair with warm water, and apply your shampoo if you need it. If you aren’t using shampoo that day, then scrub your scalp with conditioner instead.
4. IMPORTANT: Always wash your hair after swimming in chlorinated water.
5. Evenly distribute conditioner throughout your hair. Part your hair, as you comb it out. Try a semi-cold rinse, this will seal your hair cuticle, making it look extra shiny. Let your hair drip dry after your shower, but don’t comb it through any more than you already did.
6. Please, Please, don’t go and wring your hair out with a towel, or even rub it. You are just going to destroy your hair, and make it go POOF with frizziness. Just make sure you scrunch out most of the water while you are still in the shower, and you will be fine.